Nursing Assistant/Registered Training
Download a list of Frequently Asked Questions and Answers (PDF)
Nursing Assistant/Registered Training is a 3 credit college course at Southeast Technical.
Find a Nursing Assistant Training course in:
When you get to the Course Search page, select "HLTH" as the subject and click on "Find Courses" to locate the course that works best for you.
General Health Care Questions
- When does CPR & First Aid certification expire?
CPR certification is good for 2 years/First Aid certification is good for 3 years.
- How can I receive information on upcoming workshops?
Contact our registration help line at 507.453.2740 and we will mail you our brochure and also include your name onto our mailing list for you to receive all future brochures.
- Years ago I became certified as a Nursing Assistant but it has been several years since I have been employed. I am now interested in returning to working in this field. Are there any certain requirements that I would need to meet?
If a twenty-four (24) month period goes by in which you are not employed (part-time or full-time) as a nursing assistant, your status changes. You then have two (2) choices:
- You may re-take the NNAAP Examination. You have three (3) chances to pass it. If you pass the examination, you will again be eligible to have your name placed on the Nursing Assistant Registry. If you fail all three (3) times, you must enroll in a state-approved nursing assistant training program, complete the program, and register again for testing; or
- You may enroll in a state-approved nursing assistant training program, complete the program, and register again for testing.
- How do I reach the Minnesota Department of Health, Nursing Assistant Registry?
Minnesota Department of Health
Nursing Assistant Registry
85 East Seventh Place, Suite 300
PO Box 64501
St. Paul, MN 55164-0501
(800) 397-6124 (Hours of operation 9:00 a.m.-3:00 p.m.)
Do you have a question? Please don't hesitate to contact us!