Retail & Sales Management
Sales and Marketing are two fast growing fields today.
The skills you learn at Minnesota State College - Southeast Technical will go with you whether you choose to enter the workforce upon graduation or continue your education. There is constant demand for employees in this field.
Coursework is diverse and you will learn from the text as well as class discussions. You will work on real life, up-to-date marketing situations using computer programs including Microsoft PowerPoint and the Internet.
Our Retail & Sales Management program has had 100% placement in the past several years. Students have the option to look for work locally or nationwide.
Program Learning Outcomes
Program graduates will be able to:
- Communicate with prospects/customers using above average communication skills.
- Negotiate win/win outcomes with prospects and customers.
- Perform customer relationship management techniques.
- Quality prospects and analyze customer needs.
- Demonstrate human relation skills on the job.
- Perform the steps of the professional selling process.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the marketing concept.
- Terry Greene is vocationally certified through Minnesota State Colleges & Universities. He worked in the marketing field for eighteen years before beginning his teaching career at Southeast Technical in 1991.