One of the fastest growing career opportunities today.
A degree in accounting can lead to a highly valued and rewarding career in one of the nation's fastest growing professions. If you have the desire to own your own business, be a leader, motivate people, and solve problems, consider enrolling in the accounting program at Southeast Technical.
More and more employers are demanding an accounting degree from potential job candidates to fill their accounting positions. Southeast Technical's educational approach is a blend of theory and practice, providing a solid foundation for your career. Southeast Technical offers a practical, personal approach to learning the principles of accounting and making the best use of a variety of popular accounting software packages.
Once you have your degree in hand, you'll find that the opportunities for meaningful and challenging employment are plentiful in companies of all sizes.
Get your 2 year A.A.S. accounting degree online
With a focus on providing our students the most flexible course delivery options possible, Southeast Technical offers a 2-year A.A.S. accounting degree that can be completed entirely online. Other accounting degrees and certificates offer online courses in tandem with daytime or evening courses on the Winona campus. You can enroll in the accounting program in either the fall or spring semester and attend classes on a full-time or part-time basis.
Promote yourself; enhance your life in a friendly atmosphere.
Program Learning Outcomes
Program graduates will be able to:
- Apply the principles of financial accounting, managerial accounting, cost accounting, tax accounting and not-for-profit accounting.
- Apply mathematical, analytical and business knowledge skills to formulate and solve problems and to make decisions relevant to the needs of business.
- Demonstrate proficiency in personal computer operations and applications.
- Demonstrate an understanding of human society and culture in order to function as an effective employee and citizen.
- Tony Fritz earned his Bachelor of Arts in Accounting and a Masters in Business Administration from Winona State University. He has public, private, and tax accounting experience.
- Jill Halverson has a Bachelor of Arts Degree in Accounting and a Masters in Business Administration, both from Winona State University. She has expertise in the areas of public, private, tax, auditing, and non-profit accounting.