You will receive outstanding training in the Cosmetology program at Minnesota State College - Southeast Technical.
We combine course study with hands-on experience in our clinic. This unique combination of learning has proven effective in preparing students for the workplace.
There are several career opportunities for the cosmetology graduate and we have graduates successfully working in different areas. Specific certificate programs are also available in nail care and estheology (skin care). Advanced training in these areas may broaden your employment opportunities.
Program Learning Outcomes
Program graduates will be able to:
- Evaluate hair, skin, and nail care needs of clients and recommend possible solutions and products.
- Perform hair, skin, and nail care services that are at a standard mandated by the Board of Barber and Cosmetologist Examiners and to the satisfaction of the customer.
- Demonstrate dependability, punctuality, and professionalism through interaction with salon clientele, classmates, and instructors.
- Keep records on client services and appointments accurately and thoroughly.
- Demonstrate the use of time management by completing services and projects within the recommended or allotted time.
- Complete the minimum number of quota service requirements mandated by the Board of Barber and Cosmetologist Examiners.
- Comply with Minnesota Cosmetology Statutes 154 and Rules 2105 and 2110 as mandated by the Board of Barber and Cosmetologist Examiners.
Every class is taught by instructors who are board certified beauty professionals. They bring real-world experience and expertise to the classroom, giving you a valuable insight into the industry.
Our instructors, Terri Fritz and Jodi Heim encompass a collaboration of salon management, ownership, educators for professional
products, and day-to-day cosmetologist involvement within the salon.
The cosmetology department staff takes pride in remaining current with industry changes and trends by continuous education in all facets of cosmetology, as well as staying up to date by working in the salon environment.