An Associate of Science (AS) Degree in Individualized Studies is the right program if you:
- are undecided about your future career
- want general education courses that transfer to any MnSCU institution
- would like to explore various program or career areas
- are interested in a particular career field as well as an emphasis in Liberal Arts.
An AS Degree is a degree that can lead directly to employment as well as a transferrable degree that can be accepted at other institutions. Typically, students enroll at Southeast Technical College for two years, and then transfer to another college that has agreed to accept this AS degree. This allows students the opportunity to begin a career or begin a baccalaureate degree at one college and complete it at another. The AS in Individualized Studies allows students to:
- focus on specialized career interests
- combine and integrate a number of subjects into a degree program
- work toward completing the Minnesota Transfer Curriculum (MnTC)
- build on current areas of expertise and experiences
This program is designed to provide a full complement of Liberal Arts and Science courses transferrable to any Minnesota State College or University (MnSCU). In addition, a direct program pathway has been developed to continue the 2-year A.S. degree and articulate into the 4-year B.A. degree at Metro State University - First College, Twin Cities. Also, one has been developed to articulate into the 4-year Professional Studies B.A. Degree at Winona State University, Winona, Minnesota.