Diesel Maintenance Technician
The Diesel Maintenance Technician program prepares individuals to become entry level preventive maintenance technicians.
Individuals will be able to apply their technical knowledge and skills to maintain, service, and repair diesel engines and transportation trailers in a variety of vehicles, such as: buses, semi-trailer trucks, and stationary diesel engines in power units and related equipment.
Program Learning Outcomes
Program graduates will be able to:
- Know, understand, and apply the terminology common to heavy truck/diesel mechanics.
- Apply the safe and skillful use of common tools, test equipment, and technology for preventive maintenance.
- Diagnose/troubleshoot, service, repair, or replace components related to fundamental heavy truck and trailer systems.
- Demonstrate the professional/ethical behaviors of timeless and self-directed task completion.
- Master the general education program requirements for work and life goals.