The Carpentry Program at Southeast Technical will help you learn the skills you need to enter this demanding field upon graduation.
Carpenters make up the largest group of building-trade workers.
Carpenters work quickly, accurately, and efficiently to maximize use of time and materials. Lab work is built into the curriculum at Southeast Technical so that you will have experience in several areas of carpentry, making you more skilled and employable. Skills in planning, designing, estimating, and blueprint reading are also integral parts of the carpentry program at Southeast Technical.
Each year, the students in our Carpentry program build a house from the ground up.
|Major Title (Degree)
Program Learning Outcomes
Program graduates will be able to:
- Produce quality carpentry labor working safely under the direction of a construction foreman.
- Understand basic carpentry theory and apply the use of hand and power tools of the carpentry trade.
- Communicate efficiently with the construction company and its employees.
- Produce adequate math skills to be able to solve math related construction problems on site.
- Ralph Roemer has been teaching at Southeast Technical since 1978. He currently maintains ownership of a Residential Construction and Design business which he established in 1973. He received his Bachelor of Science in Vocational Education from Winona State University and a carpentry diploma from Winona Technical College.