You will receive outstanding training in the Cosmetology program at Minnesota State College - Southeast Technical.
We combine course study with hands-on experience in our clinic. This unique combination of learning has proven effective in preparing students for the workplace.
There are several career opportunities for the cosmetology graduate and we have graduates successfully working in different areas. Specific certificate programs are also available in nail care and estheology (skin care) Advanced training in these areas may broaden your employment opportunities.
Program Learning Outcomes
Program graduates will be able to:
- Evaluate hair, skin, and nail care needs of clients and recommend possible solutions and products.
- Perform hair, skin, and nail care services that are at a standard mandated by the Board of Barber and Cosmetologist Examiners and to the satisfaction of the customer.
- Demonstrate dependability, punctuality, and professionalism through interaction with salon clientele, classmates, and instructors.
- Keep records on client services and appointments accurately and thoroughly.
- Demonstrate the use of time management by completing services and projects within the recommended or allotted time.
- Complete the minimum number of quota service requirements mandated by the Board of Barber and Cosmetologist Examiners.
- Comply with Minnesota Cosmetology Statutes 154 and Rules 2105 and 2110 as mandated by the Board of Barber and Cosmetologist Examiners.
- Terri Fritz is a registered cosmetology salon & school manager and instructor with 28 years of experience in the cosmetology field. She has a Bachelor of Science Degree from Winona State University and has taught at Southeast Technical College for 21 years.
- Jodi Heim is a cosmetology salon manager and licensed instructor in the State of Minnesota. She is the 12 year owner and founder of Aspasia Salon and Day Spa in St. Charles, MN. Her experience in the industry also includes working as an educator for Schwarzkopf Hair Color for the previous 13 years until she accepted the position here at Southeast Technical College in May 2008.