Minnesota State College - Southeast Technical is responding to the region's nursing shortage with new degree options.
Nursing is a challenging, innovative, and caring profession where you will have the opportunity to make a real difference in people's lives. Minnesota State College - Southeast Technical offers educational pathways for students who are new to the health care field as well as those with prior nursing experience, with the option to study Practical Nursing or Associate Degree Nursing. Our concept-based approach to the curriculum will give you a holistic view of the patient's health care needs. To learn more about the nursing program, view our nursing vision, mission, philosophy, and values page.
For nursing program information packets and application forms, please go to Healthcare Student Documents. You can download additional information and application materials for all of our health care programs from that page.
- Associate Degree Nursing (New program; application deadline June 1 for fall start, November 1 for spring start)
The purpose of the Associate Degree Nursing (ADN) major is to provide the novice student with the knowledge, skills, and attitudes necessary to enter the demanding practice of professional nursing. Registered nurses are highly regarded leaders who manage staff and patient care in a variety of settings. This 4-semester program can be completed in 2 years.
- Practical Nursing (Program application deadline June 1 for fall start, November 1 for spring start)
The Practical Nursing major is designed to provide students with the knowledge and skills necessary to provide direct nursing care to patients in hospitals, nursing homes, clinics, home and community-based settings under direction of a physician or registered nurse. This challenging 2-semester program requires students to demonstrate competence in classroom theory, laboratory experiences, simulated events, and supervised clinical rotations.
The college offers nursing programs at its campuses in Winona and Red Wing, MN. During their clinical rotations, nursing students may be required to travel up to a 100-mile radius from their home campus.
See the program links below for more specific information on each of our program options. For nursing program information packets and application forms, please go to Healthcare Student Documents.
- Cheryl Casperson, MS, RN (Winona)
- Janel Crawford, MSN, CPN, RN (Winona)
- Madonna Daley, MS, RN, CT (Winona)
- Connie Ducklow, MSN, MBA, RN (Red Wing)
- Karen Fettig, MA, RN (Red Wing)
- Eileen Halls, MA, RN (Red Wing)
- Cama Kafka, MSN, RN (Red Wing)
- Marty Knauer, MSN, RN (Winona)
- Katie Maschka, MSN, RN (Winona)
- Jessica Nelson, BSN, RN (Winona)
- Maria Nielsen, MSN, RN (Winona)
- Sue Priem, MS, RN, (Winona)
- Lisa Robertson, MSN, RN (Red Wing)
- Nicole Rothgarn, MSN, RN (Red Wing)
- Karla Steele, BSN, RN (Red Wing)
- Janet Thewis, MSN, RN (Winona)
- Kris Wright, MS, CNP, RNC (Red Wing)
Shelly Cierzan, Winona
Tracy Kirchner, Red Wing