Interested in pursuing a career in healthcare? Southeast Technical’s Health Foundations is a 3-credit lab course offered at a minimal cost. Through this small group lab course, students will acquire the skills, knowledge, and support to be successful in a healthcare career. This program is offered through the Bridges2Healthcare consortium, which aims to support workers in obtaining the necessary knowledge, skills, and credentials to achieve well-paying employment in health fields. Read the Health Foundations flyer to learn more!
Goals of Health Foundations
- Improve skills to become a confident college student
- Gain assistance in planning for a career in healthcare
- Learn about a variety of healthcare careers
- Become prepared for the expectations of a career in healthcare
- Where: Southeast Technical’s Red Wing and Winona campuses
- When: Tuesdays and Thursdays from August 28 - December 20, 2012, 5:30 p.m. - 8:30 p.m.
- Topics covered:
- CPR/first aid
- Computer basic skills
- Wellness and nutrition
- Medical terminology
- Medical mathematics
- Pre-anatomy and physiology
- Safety precautions
- Legal and ethical responsibilities
- Career awareness and job skills
- Study skills
- English and math support included
Who is eligible to participate in Health Foundations?
Applicants must be:
- 18 years of age or older
- Priority will be given to eligible veterans, unemployed individuals, dislocated workers, and employed incumbent workers as outlined on page 4 of the Health Foundations application.
- Seats are limited, so register early! Applications are due August 14, 2012, and students must be registered by August 22, 2012.
- To apply, please complete the Health Foundations application.
- Health Foundations Student Fee: $75 (includes application and lab fees)
Contact an Admissions Advisor
- Gail Lanning: 507-453-1443 (Winona)
- Andrea Hanson: 507- 453-1486 (Winona)
- Melissa Carrington-Irwin: 651-385-6309 (Red Wing)
- Or toll-free (both campuses): 877-853-8324