Southeast Tech Winona DECA chapter competes in Washington, DC
From April 23-26, 2014, 9 students from the Southeast Technical-Winona chapter of Collegiate DECA attended the International Career Development Conference in Washington, DC along with 1,200 students from around the world. At the conference, the Winona chapter competed in various events related to business and business careers.
Southeast Technical students competed in:
- Sales Manager Meeting: James Elvidge, Steven Blue
- Sports & Entertainment Marketing: Hannah Kock, Joe Loken, Karl Feltes, Michael Servais
- Professional Sales: Miranda Anderson, Megan Amherdt
- Entrepreneurship Challenge: Michael Servais, Calvin Corey
2 of the participating students from the Winona chapter placed in their events - a tremendous honor!
- James Elvidge took 2nd in Sales Manager Meeting.
- Michael Servais took 2nd in the Entrepreneurship Challenge. Michael's team included Elliot Schimming and Mo Merrell from Minneapolis Community and Technical College.
James Elvidge says, "We all had a great time and are very appreciative of the support from our community to get us to Washington D.C. The opportunities that opened up for us were priceless, and for that we are sincerely grateful. During the competition we got to work with current CEOs, CFOs, and managers from some top companies, such as Men's Wearhouse, American Society of Association Executives (ASAE), Otis Spunkmyer, Napa, US Army, Marriott and many more."
He adds, "I saw a lot of growth in our chapter during that trip. It really gave the Southeast Technical Chapter passion, drive and determination, and solidified a deeper friendship and among all of us. All this was thanks to support from Southeast Technical - Winona Student Senate, Dahl Automotive, Culver's, The Legendary Tavern, friends, family and most importantly, many individuals in the community."
Congratulations to all of the students who participated and had great successes at the International Career Development Conference!
Photo Caption: James
Elvidge, President of SE Tech DECA chapter and MN DECA Association; Karl Feltes; Hannah Kock, chapter secretary; Megan Amherdt; Miranda Anderson; Steven Blue; and Michael Servais, SE Tech chapter vice president. Front Row: Calvin Cory