Accuplacer Placement Testing
After you have been accepted, you will be asked to complete the Accuplacer placement test -- unless you already have an Associate degree or higher from a regionally accredited college -- that will enable us to place you in the appropriate level general education classes. You will not be allowed to register until this this step is completed.
Contact us to schedule a testing date and time. Contact information is listed on the following testing schedules:
To schedule a test contact the front desk at 877-853-TECH (8324)
For students out of the state or out of the country, this test can be administered by a proctor. You need to find an education official to proctor the test and must complete and submit the following Student Proctor Form:
- Student Proctor Agreement Form - Use this form when testing will be administered by a proctor at a facility other than the Red Wing or Winona campus or if you need to arrange to take the Accuplacer test at a distant location.
You may be exempt from taking all or a part of the placement test if you have:
- Transcripts from a higher education institution documenting an A.A.S degree or higher or
- Transcripts from a higher education institution showing grades of “D” or better in comparable college level courses in mathematics and English or
- ACT scores of 21 in reading and 18 in English to be exempt from the reading comprehension portion of the Accuplacer. ACT score of 22 in math to be exempt from the math portion of the test. Student must provide a copy of their ACT scores. Math test scores over two (2) years are not valid. Reading test scores over three (3) years are not valid or
- Previously completed ACCUPLACER Placement scores. Math placement scores over two (2) years are not valid. Reading placement scores over three (3) years are not valid.