Southeast Tech believes that technology is an essential tool for teaching, learning, and conducting institutional functions. The Technology Committee is a standing committee of the College that provides recommendations to the College in the effective and efficient use of technology.
- Recommending to faculty and staff actions that will expand and improve student learning through the use of technology;
- Recommending to faculty and staff actions that will improve efficiency and effectiveness of College processes through the use of technology;
- Recommending policy direction to the President's Council for consideration and approval;
- Recommending to faculty and staff guidelines and procedures for effective and efficient use of technology;
- Maintaining a College technology plan that is consistent with the needs of the College's communities and the College's goals, and that anticipates how the role and use of technology in education will change in the future;
- Periodically evaluating the effectiveness of the Technology Committee.
- The committee may establish working groups or subcommittees to identify and develop strategic direction and recommendations.