MSC Southeast's Cyber & Information Security program ranked #1 nationwide by GreatValueColleges.com
Minnesota State College Southeast's Associate of Applied Science (A.A.S.) degree in Cyber and Information Security is a unique program incorporating networking, cyber security, forensics, and criminal justice, designed to prepare students for employment in a very high demand profession.
GreatValueColleges.com recently announced its 2018 rankings, naming Cyber and Information Security at MSC Southeast the #1 program in the nation. According to the greatvaluecolleges.com website, "An associate degree in network security can be a great foot in the door to an IT career or the budget-minded beginnings of a bachelor's degree in the tech industry."
The site bases its rankings on:
- Tuition value (ten points)
- Relevancy of the curriculum to the demands of the field (ten points)
- Low student to faculty ratio (ten points)
- In case of a tie on points, schools are ranked in order of decreasing tuition.
On this scale, MSC Southeast scored 26 points. Other colleges in the "Top Ten" are:
- University of Phoenix, AZ (#10, 20 points)
- Lake Superior College, MN (#7, 22.5 points)
- Guilford Technical Community College, NC (#4, 24.5 points)
- Central Texas College in Killeen, TX (#2, 26 points)
The #2 college, Central Texas College in Killeen, TX, was awarded 26 points, but its annual per-credit tuition ($6420) was higher than MSC Southeast ($5590) by more than $800.
Travis Thul, MSC Southeast's Dean of Trade and Technology, says "Our Cyber Security team members, including military, academic, and private sector professionals, have worked tirelessly to develop this state-of-the-art program. We are so very proud of the quality degree they've built!"
*Tuition, enrollment, and faculty-to- student ratio numbers are drawn from the National Center for Education Statistics, a US government agency.
See the interview with Travis Thul on KTTC-TV: A Winona College's Cyber & Information Security program ranked #1 nationwide