MSC Southeast taking steps to help students affected by for-profit college closures
With the closing of several national and regional for-profit colleges, thousands of students have been left wondering how they can complete their educational programs and take care of past student loans.
Minnesota State College Southeast is already hearing from students who are affected by such closures, and the Student Services department is taking steps to be ready to help these students.
"We will make it as easy as possible for these students to transfer to MSC Southeast," says Director of Admissions Gale Lanning. "They will follow the same pathway as any student transferring to the college, plus we are dedicating staff to answering their questions about the process and making a smooth transition."
- For questions about financial aid, contact Pamela Zimmerman, firstname.lastname@example.org (507-453-2710 or 877-853-8324). Students who are applying for financial aid should fill out the FAFSA and enter the MSC Southeast Financial Aid Code, 002393.
- For questions about transferring credits, contact the college's transfer specialists:
- Transfer review: Students may need to submit a course outline or course syllabus for transfer review.
Department of Education
Transferring from to MSC Southeast
Transfer students follow these 4 steps to be admitted to MSC Southeast:
1. APPLY: Complete and submit an online application (we will waive the $20 application fee)
2. TEST: Schedule and take the Accuplacer Placement Exam (check to see if you are exempt)
3. SUBMIT DOCUMENTS: Submit official copies of your previous college transcripts:
Holly Daley, Red Wing campus
308 Pioneer Rd
Red Wing, MN 55066
Julie Haedtke, Winona campus
1250 Homer Rd
Winona, MN 55987
- If you will attend a program at our Red Wing or Winona campus, you will attend Registration on campus before classes start.
- If you are an online student, please contact Sarah Gatzlaff, email@example.com, 507-453-2730, for online orientation/registration information.