Scholarship Application Frequently Asked Questions
Where can I access the online scholarship application?
What information do I use to log in?
- The first time you visit the site, you should create a new account for yourself. Create a user ID and password that you'll remember when you need to log back in. You do not need to use your Star ID, any user ID you choose is sufficient.
What happens if I forget my password?
- You can call the Associate Foundation Director at 507-453-2663 or email at email@example.com to get a link to reset your password.
If I applied for the last scholarship competition, do I need to reapply again?
- Yes, you need to submit a new application with an updated cumulative GPA for each new competition. You cannot re-use any application from a past cycle, the information in the system is refreshed after each round so the Foundation Office does not have access to it either.
What do I do if I'm having trouble filling out the application?
- The Foundation Office can only help with limited things inside your application, so it's best to click on the support button in the lower right corner of your application. The Award Spring company responds very quickly and can help you through any issue with your application. If they aren't able to help with your question, please call the Foundation Office for help.
How do the online recommendation requests work?
- In the recommendation section of the application, you'll send an email to the two individuals you have chosen. They will receive an email request and will be given instructions to complete the application online. When you log in to your application, you'll be able to see if your recommender has completed theirs or not, so be sure to check back often to make sure they're complete otherwise it leaves your application incomplete and subject to scoring adjustments. There's also an option to remind them should you need it. Please make sure you allow those individuals enough time to do your recommendation prior to the due date.
What GPA/transcript do I use?
- You would use your cumulative GPA from the institution you most recently attended.
- If you are a current Minnesota State College Southeast student with at least one semester completed and an established GPA, submit your cumulative GPA from MSC Southeast.
- If you are a high school student or a recent high-school graduate with less than a semester completed at MSC Southeast, submit your cumulative GPA from your high school transcript.
- If you attended a college other than MSC Southeast, we need your cumulative GPA from the transcript from that college.
What if I have a GED?
- If you have obtained a GED certificate and have not attended any other college or university, please put GED in the box for cumulative GPA score.
Do I really need two recommendations?
- Yes, and it is important you give adequate time in requesting these recommendations. The person writing your recommendation will want time to write and prepare this, so request these well in advance.
Do I have to apply for financial aid to apply for a scholarship?
What if my scholarship application is missing information?
- It is your responsibility to make sure your scholarship application is complete. Any missing documentation will result in disqualification.
When will award decisions be made?
- Applications received on or before June 1 will be eligible for the Fall semester. Notification of these awards occurs approximately July 30.
- Applications received on or before September 30 will be eligible for the Spring semester. Notification of these awards occurs approximately November 30.
- You will receive notification of the committee's decision in your online application and via a letter to the address provided on your app.
When will scholarship funds be dispersed?
- Scholarships funds will be deposited into your student account shortly after the semester begins on financial aid disbursement day.
What if I have additional questions about filling out the scholarship application?
- Please contact the MSC Southeast Foundation office at 507-453-2663.