Remote Desktop Instructions
Remote Desktop gives you a faster, easier, and more reliable way to connect to the terminal server.
- Remote Desktop will allow you to connect to your drives and files on the Terminal Server.
Steps to connect using Remote Desktop
- In Windows, under programs, open the accessories tab.
- Click on the “Remote Desktop Connection”
- For the computer field enter 18.104.22.168 (Staff should use 22.214.171.124) and click Connect
- (If Asked) some PCs might need to click “connect” again, then Yes.
- You should now see a "Windows Security/Enter your credentials" screen pop up.
- Click on "Use another account"
- Enter "STUDENTS\your StarID"
- Enter your StarID password
- Click "Ok"
- Download the Microsoft Remote Desktop application (free) from the App Store
- In the app, click "New" (the big plus sign)
- Enter the following credentials
- Connection Name = anything you'd like (e.g. Southeast Technical RDT)
- PC name = 126.96.36.199 (faculty/staff use 188.8.131.52)
- User name = STUDENTS\your StarID
- Password = your StarID password
- Close the window
- To log in, choose your new connection from the "My Desktops" list and click "Start"
Your IT department recommends 2x RDP, available on the 2x RDP website, and on the Google Play store.
Note: When you want to leave, close the program you're running (Word, GDP, etc), then click the LOGOFF & DISCONNECT (Orange Button) on the left.
Having problems connecting? Read the Remote Desktop Help Document
This system is restricted to authorized users for legitimate business purposes. Unauthorized access is a criminal violation of the law.
You are about to access a private network.
All access to this network is logged.
Violators will be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law!
Acceptable Use Policy
Acceptable Use Procedure