Remote Desktop Instructions
Remote Desktop gives you a faster, easier, and more reliable way to connect to the terminal server.
(Note: the Information Technology Department no longer recommends the use of Terminal Services to connect to the terminal server.)
- Remote Desktop will allow you to connect to your drives and files on the Terminal Server.
Steps to connect using Remote Desktop
The download way (students only)
- Download the MSCST_ST.zip file by clicking the download link (Download 1KB ZIP)
- Open the file
- Double-click the MSCST_ST.rdp file that is inside
- Jump to step 4 under "The Windows way" below
- In Windows, under programs, open the accessories tab.
- Click on the “Remote Desktop Connection”
- For the computer field enter 22.214.171.124 (Staff should use 126.96.36.199) and click Connect
- (If Asked) some PCs might need to click “connect” again, then Yes.
- You should now see a "Windows Security/Enter your credentials" screen pop up.
- Click on "Use another account"
- Enter "STUDENTS\your StarID"
- Enter your StarID password
- Click "Ok"
- Download the Microsoft Remote Desktop application (free) from the App Store
- In the app, click "New" (the big plus sign)
- Enter the following credentials
- Connection Name = anything you'd like (e.g. Southeast Technical RDT)
- PC name = 188.8.131.52 (faculty/staff use 184.108.40.206)
- User name = STUDENTS\your StarID
- Password = your StarID password
- Close the window
- To log in, choose your new connection from the "My Desktops" list and click "Start"
Note: When you want to leave, close the program you're running (Word, GDP, etc), then click the LOGOFF & DISCONNECT (Orange Button) on the left.
Having problems connecting? Read the Remote Desktop Help Document
This system is restricted to authorized users for legitimate business purposes. Unauthorized access is a criminal violation of the law.
You are about to access a private network.
All access to this network is logged.
Violators will be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law!
Acceptable Use Policy
Acceptable Use Procedure