MSC Southeast's 100% online CAD program attracts students from all around the world.
Complex products all start with a plan. By starting your education with a certificate in Computer Aided Drafting Technologies from Minnesota State College Southeast, you will learn how to translate ideas at the product conception stage into physical work plans that launch the design process. As a CAD designer, you will be an essential part of any technical team.
Our highly experienced CAD drafting faculty will teach you the tools of the trade so that you can be successful in your career on day one. You'll learn how to apply Solidworks and AutoCAD, industry-standard software programs, on a project basis just as you will on the job.
Have a busy schedule or just like to work at your own pace? MSC Southeast’s online CAD drafting program is flexible enough to accommodate your busy lifestyle, but rigorous enough to ensure you develop the skills employers demand. Take the next step to earn an online CAD certificate, and put a new career in motion.
Top ranked program
Computer Aided Design (CAD) Drafting Technologies at MSC Southeast has been recognized by BestColleges.net as the nation's #4 Best Online Computer Aided Drafting Associate Degree in 2019.
Apply now for admission to MSC Southeast
Download the Program Plan
1) 1000 level (minimum) General Education courses required unless specified
AutoCAD is the most common computer aided drafting software. This course will cover AutoCAD functions as used in engineering drawing. Basic and advanced commands will be used to complete assignments. An introduction to 3-D CAD will be included. (Prerequisite: none) (3 credits: 1 lecture/2 lab)
Download the Course Outline
This course covers the fundamentals of Solidworks parametric drawing and design. The student will use Solidworks to create 3D parametric models as well as use these models to create engineering drawings and documentation. (Prerequisite: none) (3 credits: 1 lecture/2 lab)
Download the Course Outline
Total Credits Required for this Major: 9 Credits
Estimated Costs for this Major
|Minimum Tool Cost:||N/A|
- Plant Designers
- Mechanical Drafters
- CAD Technicians
Program graduates will be able to:
- Complete industry standard assembly drawings using 2d and 3d CAD.
- Complete industry standard part drawings using 2d and 3d CAD.
- Calculate mating part conditions to guarantee part fits.
- Define and apply proper design materials.
- Define and apply proper standard part vendors.
- Communicate verbally and in written forms.
- Courses are taught using state of the art CAD 3D Parametric software
- Excellent training for self-starters
- CAD Drafters/Designers are in constant demand
- The courses are focused on developing your skills for employment
- Instructors are licensed because of their experience in the drafting and design field
- Excellent placement
- Online CAD degree in two short years or less.
- Jim Ziegler and Celeste Pronchinske combine for over thirty years of field and teaching experience in drafting and design.