Minnesota State and Your StarID
First watch the video, then review the text below.
Your Star ID is your key to access all the electronic systems at MSC Southeast AND at any Minnesota State school. It is composed of two letters, four numbers and two letters.
Uses for your StarID:
- You will use it to log in to the campus computers.
- You will use it to log in to D2L Brightspace to access your online coursework, view class content, participate in group discussions, and to check your grades.
- Even if your class in not online, your instructor may still use D2L Brightspace.
- You will use your STAR ID to log in to your student email, where you will receive notices about things like financial aid, grades, tuition & fees, class cancellations and school closures.
- We encourage you to check your email daily, or forward it to your personal email.
- You will also use your STAR ID to log in to eServices to drop and add classes, change your address, pay your tuition and fees, etc.
- You will use it to log in to Office365, which means you can use Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
If you have trouble logging in with your Star ID, you may need to re-set the password. See the StarID web page for help.
Next Page: FERPA - The Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act