First watch the video, then review the text below.
Apply for financial aid by submitting your FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) as soon as possible. Through this process, it will be determined whether you are eligible for federal or state grants, which is free money that does not need to be repaid. The FAFSA will determine if you are work-study eligible. Work-study eligibility allows you the convenience to work on campus with flexibility. If you are interested in working on campus, please see one of our financial aid counselors. In addition, by completing the FAFSA you become eligible to borrow through the Federal Direct Loan Program.
- Complete the FAFSA at www.fafsa.ed.gov using your tax information. Our campus federal code is: 00239300.
- Processing time is typically 5 - 10 business days.
- Financial aid counselors from MSC Southeast may request additional information or documentation.
- When everything is reviewed from your FAFSA, an award notification explaining your financial aid will be mailed to you. It will also be available in eServices, under Financial Aid, under Awards.
- Loans and work-study require additional applications, so make sure to fully read your award notification for the process.
- Your financial aid is based on the number of credits in which you are enrolled. You do not need to be a full-time student to receive financial aid; however, you do need to be registered for at least 6 credits to be eligible for Federal Direct Loans.
- The balance of your financial aid, after tuition, fees, and bookstore charges are deducted, will be disbursed by EFT to the bank account you provided when you complete your direct deposit form.
Scholarships are available to our students though MSC Southeast Foundation . Applications are due June 1st for fall semester and September 30th for spring semester. You must complete a new application each semester.
There are also many scholarship opportunities from private sources. Be sure to research online and in your home community for scholarships for which you may be eligible. NEVER pay a fee to apply for scholarships!
Payment of Tuition & Fees
Once registered, you will need to meet one of the following payment criteria:
- Full payment (payment must be received and posted to the student's account by the posted deadline) -OR-
- Financial aid application on file in the Financial Aid Office -OR-
- Active external payment plan with Nelnet Campus Commerce -OR-
- Payment by third party award (agency/company - example: employer-provided educational benefits) -OR-
- $300 or 15%, whichever is less, by the posted deadline, remainder due part way through the semester
One of these five conditions must be met to secure your classes and ensure you will not be dropped for non-payment.
You can make your payment with cash or check in the bookstore, or you can use your debit/credit card or your checking account to make your payment online through eServices. For more information, see: Billing and Payment
For More Information
Information about all aspects of paying for your college education is located in the Paying for College section of the website.
Next Page: Academics