Law Enforcement Center
201 W 3rd St
Winona, MN 55987, USA
Winona County is
accepting applications for this part-time, on-call position until 4:00 p.m. May
13, 2021; however, preference will be given to those that apply by 4:00 p.m.
April 26, 2021.
This position starts
at $17.68/hour (DOQ) with advancement up to $23.47/hour.
Characteristics of the
Under close supervision of the Jail Administrator, an employee in this class
performs law enforcement work including ancillary County Jail functions.
Responsible for transporting inmates. Performs related work as required. This
work may involve an element of personal danger.
Examples of Duties:
Any one position may not include all the duties listed, nor do the examples
listed in their relative order of importance include all duties that may be
found in positions of this class.
* Transports prisoners to and from court hearings, to medical and other
facilities as necessary.
* Cleans transport vehicles.
* Receives training in applicable laws and ordinances and in law enforcement
principles and procedures as they relate to the duties of the Transport
* Prepares reports as needed.
* Staffing magnetometer and perform security functions as assigned.
* Any other duties as assigned.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
Any combination of training and experience providing the following knowledge,
skills, and abilities.
* Any combination of education and experience equivalent to high school
* A valid driver's license and the ability to drive an automobile safely and
* Must be a minimum of eighteen years of age.
* Ability to exhibit mature judgment and imagination.
* Ability to defend self and others in instances of personal danger.
* Ability to deal with prisoners and the public with tact and impartiality.
* Ability to perform work requiring good physical condition.
* Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with
employees, law enforcement, other agencies, and the public.
* Ability to follow written and oral instructions.
* Must pass a personal background investigation.
For full job classification including ADA requirements, click here.
For a copy of the
benefit statement for this position, click here.