o Posted: November 20, 2018
5300 W Highway 61
Winona, MN 55987, USA
temporary employment for the 2018-2019 season (up to April 1, 2019) to assist
with snowplow operations.
This position starts
at $18.50/hour. Winona County is accepting applications for this position
until 4:00 p.m. Thursday, December 6, 2018.
Please Note: Winona
County is also hiring for a full-time Highway Maintenance Worker which requires
a separate application. If you are interested in either the temporary
position or the full-time position, you must complete a separate application
for each position.
Examples of Duties:
Work is performed under the general direction of the Highway Maintenance
Superintendent; however, this position requires some independence and
* Maintains county highways with the sanding/salting of roads during snowplow
* Operates front-end loader and/or tandem dump truck with plow and wing attachments;
familiar with their various capabilities.
* Performs duties in extreme weather and often in the dark to provide the
safest driving conditions for the traveling public.
* Represents the County in a positive, appropriate manner to the general public.
* Light maintenance on equipment.
* Any other duties as assigned.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
* Must possess and maintain a valid Class B driver’s license.
* High School diploma or equivalent.
* Ability to pass initial and future random drug and alcohol tests.
* Ability to operate vehicles during adverse weather conditions and to use
vision to identify hazardous situations.
* Knowledge of road signs.
* Ability to report to the assigned workstation within thirty minutes from
notification in all weather extremes.