We are continuing to monitor the developing situation related to COVID-19 and are committed to taking steps necessary to safeguard the health, safety, and welfare of our faculty, staff, and students.
Please join us in honoring the Class of 2020 with our virtual Commencement Ceremony. Watch at www.southeastm.edu/grad2020 or on YouTube. Interim President Larry Lundblad's Commencement Address is posted on his blog.
Minnesota Governor's Stay Safe Orders
- Effective June 10, 2020, Executive Order (EO) 20‐74 permits postsecondary institutions to offer in‐person classes or activities (credit or non‐credit) of 25 individuals or less, if those services cannot be provided through a distance learning model.
During the Covid-19 outbreak, the entire college community needs to take all necessary precautions regardless of confirmed cases in any particular area. The Minnesota Department of Health recommends that you protect yourselves and others by:
- Wearing masks when in public. 10-50% of virus carriers are asymptomatic. Wearing masks helps control the virus and has been shown to lower COVID-19 spread.
- Avoiding enclosed spaces with large groups of people, where the virus can linger in the air for long periods of time.
- Getting tested if you have cold or flu-like symptoms - Find testing locations.
- Staying six feet away from others.
- Covering your coughs and sneezes with your elbow or sleeve, or a tissue and then throw the tissue in the trash and wash your hands afterwards.
- Washing your hands often with soap and water for 20 seconds, especially after going to the bathroom or before eating. If soap and water are not readily available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol.
- Avoiding touching your face – especially your eyes, nose and mouth – with unwashed hands.
If you feel ill, please contact your healthcare provider or local medical services before visiting in person or going to the hospital emergency room. For more specific information, please review the detailed CDC guidelines: What to Do if You Are Sick
At this time, Minnesota State College Southeast is not open to visitors who are not students, faculty, or staff. MSC Southeast students, faculty, and staff may come to campus to access necessary support services, the Eagle's Nest, The Pantry, and Wi-Fi.
Since most employees are working remotely, the college has expanded means to deliver Student Services by email, telephone, and Zoom video conferences. See the Student FAQ for more information.
- The Bookstores are currently closed. Check the Bookstore page for current information.
- Food service has been suspended on the Red Wing and Winona Campus.
- The Red Wing MakerSpace is closed.
We have implemented telework for most employees. For those who are on campus, we are practicing social distancing as recommended by the CDC and using alternative meeting methods.