Nelnet Campus Commerce - Payment Plan
To help you meet your educational expenses, Minnesota State College Southeast is pleased to offer Nelnet Campus Commerce as a convenient online payment option. If you choose to use Nelnet you may select installment plans that are spread over several months, depending on the length of the semester. You may choose to make payments from your checking or savings account or by credit card (Visa, MasterCard, American Express or Discover). The only cost to budget monthly payments through Nelnet is a $25.00 per semester nonrefundable enrollment fee.
To see enrollment deadlines, required down payments, and other payment details, log into your eServices account. Nelnet Campus Commerce is under Bills and Payments. Please note that all down payments and full payments are processed immediately.
Simple Steps to Enroll
- Click on eServices
- Click on your campus
- Log into your student account
- Choose Bills and Payments
- Click on the Nelnet Payment Plan button
You may budget your tuition and fees through Nelnet Campus Commerce in the following ways:
1. Automatic Bank Payment (ACH)
ACH payments are those payments you have authorized Nelnet to process directly with your financial institution. It is simply a bank-to-bank transfer of funds that you have preapproved for our expenses at MSC Southeast. Payments may be made from either your checking or savings account. Payments are processed on the 5th of each month and will continue until the balance is paid in full.
2. Credit Card Option
Paying with your credit card gives you the option of taking advantage of any bonus programs that may be offered by your credit card company. Your monthly payment will be automatically charged to the credit card you designate. Payments will be charged on the 5th of each month until the balance is paid in full.
How Nelnet Campus Commerce Works
You will need:
- Your StarID and password
- The name, address, and e-mail address of the person responsible for making the payments
- Information to create your Nelnet Access Code
- Account information for the person responsible for payment
If paying by automatic bank payments you will need:
- Bank name, telephone number, account number, and bank routing number (most information is located on your check)
If paying by credit card you will need:
- Credit card number and expiration date
To LOGIN follow the steps below:
STEP 1: Access the payment system via our web site: www.southeastmn.edu. Go to to eServices, and then click on the appropriate campus button.
STEP 2: Enter your StarID. Tab to the next entry.
STEP 3: Enter your password.
STEP 4: Click in the box below your StarID and password if you want to have your name display on your documents.
STEP 5: Click on Login. If Security Information Screen comes up, click on Continue.
To enroll in a Nelnet Campus Commerce Payment Plan, please follow the steps below:
STEP 1: Click on Bills and Payment
STEP 2: Click on Enroll in New Payment Plan.
STEP 3: Tuition due at all Minnesota State colleges will appear at this time. Select MN State College Southeast. Click on the term you wish to enroll in a payment plan.
STEP 4: Enter additional term charges (if any) and/or financial aid award (if known). Click Calculate.
STEP 5: Click Continue.
STEP 6: Complete the Nelnet Campus Commerce screens. Print the confirmation page. If you have any questions, please contact Accounts Receivable at 507-453-2402.
Note: Down payments are deducted immediately from the account provided on the agreement. If the payment fails for any reason, the agreement is terminated and notification is sent to the persons responsible for payment.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: When and what time will the funds be withdrawn from my bank account?
- Answer: Nelnet specifies the date each payment will occur, but it is your financial institution that determines the time of day the payment is debited. Nelnet recommends you check with your financial institution to determine how far in advance funds should be deposited into your account to ensure the automatic payment clears. If a payment date falls on a weekend or banking holiday, the payment will be attempted the following business day.
Q: How will I be notified of my payment information?
- Answer: Once your agreement is posted to the Nelnet system, you will receive a confirmation notification of your payment amount by e-mail or letter. Payments will be processed until the total balance is paid in full. The notification has important information you must have to log on to your Nelnet account. The notification also serves as a reminder that a $25.00 per semester nonrefundable enrollment fee will be processed from the account indicated on the agreement.
Q: Can I pay by phone with Nelnet?
- Answer: No. Nelnet does not accept payments by phone. In accordance with the Terms & Conditions of your Nelnet agreement, payments are processed electronically.
Q: What is the Nelnet Access Code?
- Answer: To help protect your privacy, Nelnet asks the person responsible for the payments to create an access code. If you should call into Nelnet inquiring about your Nelnet agreement or inquire online through your Nelnet account, you will be required to verify your Nelnet Access Code. If you do not create an access code on your Nelnet agreement, one will be randomly assigned to you. Your Nelnet Access Code will be identified on your Nelnet Confirmation Notification. Please remember to keep a copy of your confirmation notification.
Q: What if my payment is returned?
- Answer: Should an automatic bank payment or credit card payment be returned, a $30.00 Returned Payment Fee will be automatically assessed to your account. You will be notified by Nelnet of the returned payment via mail or e-mail.
To make changes to your address, phone, or banking information or if you have questions regarding your Nelnet agreement, contact Nelnet Campus Commerce directly at (800) 609-8056.