Nelnet Campus Commerce - Payment Plan
Minnesota State College Southeast partners with Nelnet Campus Commerce as a convenient online payment option. For many of our students, Nelnet Campus Commerce is the easiest way to budget for tuition expenses. With Nelnet, you can spread out the cost of attending college over the course of the year.
Nelnet offers installment plans that are spread over several months, depending on the length of the semester. You can set up payments to draw directly from a checking or savings account or charge to a credit card. The only cost to budget monthly payments through Nelnet is a $25.00 per semester enrollment fee.
To see enrollment deadlines, required down payments, and other payment details, log into your student account through eServices. Click on View Bills and Payments > Payment Plan for Nelnet Campus Commerce.
The $25 enrollment fee is non-refundable. Monthly payments are processed on the 5th day of each month.
Simple Steps to Enroll
- Log into your student account through eServices
- Click on Minnesota State College Southeast
- Click View Bills and Payments
- Click on the Payment Plan for Nelnet Campus Commerce
To make changes to your address, phone, or banking information or if you have questions regarding your Nelnet agreement, contact Nelnet Campus Commerce directly at 800-609-8056.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: When and what time will the funds be withdrawn from my bank account?
- Answer: Nelnet specifies the date each payment will occur, but it is your financial institution that determines the time of day the payment is debited. Nelnet recommends you check with your financial institution to determine how far in advance funds should be deposited into your account to ensure the automatic payment clears. If a payment date falls on a weekend or banking holiday, the payment will be attempted the following business day.
Q: How will I be notified of my payment information?
- Answer: Once your agreement is posted to the Nelnet system, you will receive a confirmation notification of your payment amount by e-mail or letter. Payments will be processed until the total balance is paid in full. The notification has important information you must have to log on to your Nelnet account. The notification also serves as a reminder that a $25.00 per semester nonrefundable enrollment fee will be processed from the account indicated on the agreement.
Q: Can I pay by phone with Nelnet?
- Answer: No. Nelnet does not accept payments by phone. In accordance with the Terms & Conditions of your Nelnet agreement, payments are processed electronically.
Q: What is the Nelnet Access Code?
- Answer: To help protect your privacy, Nelnet asks the person responsible for the payments to create an access code. If you should call into Nelnet inquiring about your Nelnet agreement or inquire online through your Nelnet account, you will be required to verify your Nelnet Access Code. If you do not create an access code on your Nelnet agreement, one will be randomly assigned to you. Your Nelnet Access Code will be identified on your Nelnet Confirmation Notification. Please remember to keep a copy of your confirmation notification.
Q: What if my payment is returned?
- Answer: Should an automatic bank payment or credit card payment be returned, a $30.00 Returned Payment Fee will be automatically assessed to your account. You will be notified by Nelnet of the returned payment via mail or e-mail.