Milwright & Hydraulic Repairman
Submit your application on line at the link below:
Gerdau is the second largest minimill steel producer, and the second largest recycler in North America, with an annual manufacturing capacity of over 12 million tons of mill finished steel products. Our stock is traded on the Toronto and New York Stock Exchanges.
In addition to providing strong bonus compensation programs, we recognize the contributions of our team members and reward hard work with opportunities for advancement.
We make the steel that shapes the world, come shape your future with us!
The primary function of the Millwright & Hydraulic (M&H) Repairman is to inspect, repair, replace, install, adjust, maintain, diagnose trouble, perform all kinds of welding, brazing, and cutting on any type of metal using gas and electrical welding equipment, on all mechanical, pneumatic or hydraulic equipment in the plant. To fill out any and all reports required from proper recording keeping.
The incumbent should have experience working with a drill press, power saw, chain pull, various types of gas and electric welding and burning equipment, cleaning tools, shields, safety equipment, welding fixtures, hand tools, miscellaneous machines, hoists, scaffolds, measuring devices, flaring tools and special tools for hydraulic repairs, forklifts, maintenances truck inside of plant, JLG lifts, work orders, delay forms, radio, overhead or pendant controlled cranes.
The M & H Repairman reports to the Maintenance Supervisor.
The incumbent will:
1. Receive instructions covering scheduled and emergency repairs; installation and inspection work to be done.
2. Inspect plan equipment for defects such as misalignment, wear, insufficient lubrications, etc. Determines the best way of making repairs to minimize interruption of production. Advises when immediate shut-down of equipment is necessary to minimize damage or when temporarily continued operation will have no harmful effect.
3. Dismantles, cleans repairs, replaces, installs, maintains, assembles, hydraulics, lubricates, on plan equipment and cranes.
4. Assembles and aligns pumps, gears, bearings, and shafts, involving press, sliding and running fits in equipment.
5. Adjust equipment for proper operating characteristics, making either temporary or permanent repairs.
6. Erect scaffolds and performs all rigging as necessary.
7. Operates machine tools such as drill press, pipe threading machine, power tools, etc.
8. Performs pipefitting and other repairs on hydraulic, pneumatic and lubrication lines as required and fabricates hoses assemblies.
9. Performs all mechanical repairs as required on cranes. Operates cranes as needed during maintenance repairs.
10. Lays out, installs, maintains and repairs all types of pipe lines, fittings, fixtures and pressure systems as required.
11. Writes purchase orders for materials needed.
12. Rebuilds assemblies for spares or future use.
13. Design alterations to existing equipment and systems.
14. Performs minor electrical work required in the servicing, installation and repair of directional valves, solenoids etc.
15. Reads, understand hydraulic schematics drawings and makes sketches if necessary for repairs or installation.
16. Repairs valves, cylinders, pumps, compressors, blowers, etc.
17. Complete necessary reports on preventive maintenance and the equipment inspection checklists and daily activity work list.
18. Interprets drawings and sketches. Plans details of working procedure and tools and select materials in accordance with suitability for the job.
19. Does all welding necessary to complete the job assignment.
20. Cleans and prepares surfaces to be welded as required. Sets up, assembles, and takes weld parts constructing special fixtures as needed. Performs gas and electric welding in all positions (down-hand, vertical, overhead etc.). Makes any type and size weld, such as vertical, lay, butt, etc. Preheating parts as required.
21. Builds up work defective surfaces. Cleans grinds and flame anneals parts and welded joints as required. Uses burning equipment to dismantle assemblies and to cut materials to size and shape. Performs brazing and required. Uses welding machines for carbon arc burning.
22. Performs work requiring a working knowledge of the welding properties of various types of metals, welding rods, welding heats, stress relief, allowance for fit-up and machining, and the effect of shrinkage, warpage, and expansion.
23. Performs welding on pipes that must withstand high pressure.
24. Exercises all safety precautions and makes provisions for handling materials and equipment to and from job site.
25. Works in shop and field
26. Observes good housekeeping and safety on job site, maintenance shop, or plant property.
2 years of heavy industrial experience in similar position
M&H Certificate or Airframe & Powerplant license.
Welding, Basic PLC knowledge
Associates degree a plus
Gerdau is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, committed to diversifying its workforce. All applicants must be legally eligible to work in the country of hire without current or future sponsorship.