PSEO/C2C Program Student Eligibility
PSEO college classes are divided into two types:
- Career or Technical Education (CTE) courses provide students with academic and technical knowledge in work-related skills. These courses are open to 10th, 11th, and 12th grade students.
- General Education (Gen Ed) classes include such courses as Communications, English, Humanities, Computer Applications, Mathematics, and Natural Sciences. These courses are open to 11th and 12th grade students.
The following eligibility requirements apply to PSEO, Connect to College (C2C), and Online Credits in the High School classes.
10th Grade Eligibility
- Sophomores may enroll in ONE Career or Technical Education course if they have attained a passing score or met the 8th grade standard on the 8th grade Minnesota Comprehensive Assessment in reading.
- If a sophomore receives a grade of C or better in the course, the student will be allowed to take additional Career or Technical Education courses in subsequent terms on a full or part-time basis depending upon their high school schedule.
- Due to COVID-19, in place of MCA scores (following Minnesota State system guidance), a 2.8 GPA can be used for admission eligibility.
- For school year 2021-2022 only, if using the 7th grade MCA reading score as an alternate eligibility option, a score of 750 or above would qualify.
11th Grade Eligibility
Juniors in Minnesota public, private, or homeschool high schools may enroll in Gen Ed courses as well as CTE courses if they meet one or more of the below requirements:
- Due to COVID-19, following Minnesota State system guidance, a 2.6 GPA can be used for admission eligibility - OR - a minimum test score from one of the below tests*
- 11th Grade PSEO students can be full or part-time students at Minnesota State College Southeast depending upon their high school schedule.
12th Grade Eligibility
Seniors in Minnesota public, private, or homeschool high schools may enroll in Gen Ed courses as well as CTE courses courses if they meet one or more of the below requirements:
- GPA of 2.5 - OR - minimum test score from one of the below tests*
- 12th Grade PSEO students can be full or part-time students at MSC Southeast depending upon their high school schedule.
- Next-Gen Reading score of 250 or higher
- Accuplacer Reading Comprehension score of 78 or higher
- ACT Reading score of 21 or higher
- MCA Reading score of 1047 or higher
- SAT Reading/Writing Composite score of 480 or higher
*Note: Reading test scores are valid for 5 years.