Minnesota State Workforce Development Scholarships 2020-2021
Limited number of scholarships available for Spring 2021
Update 1/13/2020: There are a few Workforce Development Scholarships for $1250 available for Spring Semester 2021. You can apply using the same app form; ignore the deadlines on the form. We recommend applying ASAP.
This year, $132,500 has been allocated by the Minnesota state legislature for Workforce Development Scholarships at Minnesota State College Southeast.
Combined with $30,000 provided by Minnesota State College Southeast Foundation, a total of SIXTY FIVE students will receive $2500 scholarships for the 2020-2021 school year!
The deadline to apply has been extended to July 31, 2020. Applications will be accepted after the deadline for the Scholarship Wait List, should scholarships go unclaimed in Fall 2020 or Spring 2021 semesters.
How to apply
Prospective students must apply online for admission to MSC Southeast and enroll in one of the career program areas listed below. Then they must fill out and submit an application form for the scholarship.
- Applicants must be enrolled or have applied for admission at MSCS.
- Applicant must be a resident of the state of Minnesota.
- Applicant must document her/his eligibility by submitting a fully-completed scholarship application as instructed.
- Current students may apply; must be in good standing with the college.
- Students must be enrolled for a minimum of 9 credits per term.
- Student must maintain a cumulative 2.0 GPA.
- Preference for students with demonstrated financial need
- Primary preference will be awarded to new students, high-school seniors or recently graduated individuals, though the awards are open to all applicants.
- Scholarship funds will be distributed in installments of $1250 in Fall 2020 and $1250 in Spring 2021 semesters
- Students must be accepted/enrolled in an eligible program, as listed below.
Early Childhood Education