Minnesota Workforce Development Scholarships 2021-2022
The ongoing shortage of qualified employees in Minnesota continues to be an issue for the region's employers. To address this need, The Minnesota state legislature created Workforce Development Scholarships in 2017, supporting educational costs of students who are enrolled in a specific set of high-demand careers.
This year, $50,000 has been allocated by the Minnesota state legislature for Workforce Development Scholarships at Minnesota State College Southeast. This will fund 34 $2500 Workforce Development Scholarships for 2021-2022!
Application Deadline: June 1, 2021
Prospective students must apply online for admission to MSC Southeast and enroll in one of the career program areas listed below. Both MSC Southeast Foundation Scholarships and Workforce Development Scholarships are processed using the same process, so you only need to apply once, using the AwardSpring online system, to be considered for both types of scholarships.
- Applicants must be enrolled or have applied for admission at MSCS.
- Applicant must be a resident of the state of Minnesota.
- Applicant must document her/his eligibility by submitting a fully-completed scholarship application as instructed (apply online).
- Current students may apply; must be in good standing with the college.
- Students must be enrolled for a minimum of 9 credits per term.
- Student must maintain a cumulative 2.0 GPA.
- Preference for students with demonstrated financial need
- Primary preference will be awarded to new students, high-school seniors or recently graduated individuals, though the awards are open to all applicants.
- Scholarship funds will be distributed in installments of $1250 in Fall 2020 and $1250 in Spring 2021 semesters
- Students must be accepted/enrolled in an eligible program, as listed below.
Early Childhood Education